DO NOT POWERWASH - Please do not powerwash your Chromebook as it creates many more issues than it solves AND the student will be locked out until the device can be re-enrolled through a SHD ticket or phone call. Most of the time, slowness or flakiness can be fixed by clearing the cache followed by a reboot or doing a hard reset.
Chromebook not Charging - We are seeing many report of this each week. Many of these can be fixed by doing a hard reset.
Zoom Crashing - Beaverton School District and districts around the country are seeing student chromebooks crashing or losing the Zoom connection when teachers share their screen. For example when a teacher Zooms with 20 or 30 students and shares their screen - a handful of students may have this issue.
We are in contact with Zoom engineering on this and their initial request is for students to do the following BEFORE joining a Zoom class:
- Close any unneeded browser tabs prior to starting the Zoom meeting.
- Stop any other streaming services on the Chromebook.
- Do not use a virtual background as this increases the system workload.
- When possible students should Zoom with the power supply attached and plugged in.
- Start each day of classes by restarting their chromebook which will clear out any lingering Zoom remnants from the previous days work.
Update 12-10-20 - Zoom last told us to expect a Zoom app update before the end of 2020.
Student Help Desk
Phone: 503-356-4656 available M - F 8:30AM-3:30PM
Make sure to include the following:
- Student ID#
- A description of the issue
- A screenshot or picture (if possible)
If you open a ticket, please make sure to check your email regularly as often that is how support staff will contact you for additional information or with possible solutions.
Swap times are available by appointment only and with an open Help Desk Ticket. Scheduling information will be transmitted through the Help Desk ticket emails.